We take our patients and our staff safety very seriously, therefore, we use CCTV at our clinic. Please read the points about our CCTV policy below.
- CCTVs are placed in the reception and the surgery areas.
- CCTVs have been installed solely for the safety and security of our patients and staff.
- Images are recorded 24 hours a day, seven days a week and stored in secured recording devices. The recording devices are accessible and are encrypted password and only the manager and the owners of the practice have access to. The manager regularly checks that the CCTV devices are always up and working as intended.
- The CCTVs record images and have audio features.
- Visitors may request to see images of themselves on the CCTV as part of the Data Protection request. Like all Data Protection requests, requesting for a CCTV footage must be made in writing with all the necessary information and purposes of the request applicable. We charge an administration fee of £10 for this. We may also require further information that will allow us to identify the visitor and the date/time of the visit.
- Signs informing visitors that CCTVs are in place can be found at our clinic.
- Patients are explicitly made aware of the CCTV being in place in the surgery and can request them switched off during the surgery. We also inform online visitors through our website that CCTVs are present in the practice for safety and security purposes.
- Our recording devices can store and transfer data to an external drive in case we need to work and cooperate with the relevant authorities. Such practice is only considered when the safety and security of our patients and/ or staff have been compromised. Furthermore, we do not practice sharing any CCTV images or footage to any third parties without due grounds.
- All CCTV recordings are stored in our recording devices’ hard-drives for 7 days before being wiped.
- We are in strict compliance with the CCTV guidelines produced by the Information Commissioners’ Office – ICO.
For further enquires regarding CCTV policy at Liberty Dentists or if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.